Why Music Education for All Students?
- Students experience artistic ways of thinking about and expressing the world around them
- Nourishes the process of learning which includes:
- Sensory integration
- Critical thinking
- Emotional maturity
- Motor capacities
- Engages the left and right brain
- Builds and strengthens connections between brain cells
- Improves memory and the ability to differentiate sounds and speech
- Develops critical thinking and leadership skills
- Fosters self-esteem and the ability to work cooperatively in teams
- It is FUN!!!
All Great Valley Academy students in grades kindergarten - 6th participate in music instruction. Students in 7th & 8th grades may participate in music through elective coursework.